Yes the sun is starting to shine, the trees are budding, birds are singing and the lighter days and evenings puts everyone in a better mood. I don’t know about you but I always go into spring cleaning mode at this time of year- cleaning out cupboards, numerous trips to the local dump, bags to local charity shops and generally trying to feel more organised. This is all great for your house and helps to de-fog the brain but let’s focus on you and your body a bit more now before the summer comes:
Top Tips for Feeling Energised
- Keep hydrated- try to drink at least 8 glasses of water a day and if possible ditch/switch caffeine for herbal teas
- Swap processed meals for cook from scratch scrumptious meals. This takes a little bit of organising initially but you will feel much fuller for longer.
- Get organised for “me” time- 5-10 minutes a day of quiet time does wonders for your thought process. You may just sit and focus on breathing, read a book, have a cup of tea (herbal:) just try and clear your thoughts rushing around
- Plan a routine-Get up 10 minutes earlier (no excuse now its lighter) and practise 10 minutes of Pilates to start the day feeling fab!
- Get out and about- don’t sit at your desk for lunch, walk the longer way to work, park further away from school- whatever it takes to get walking and aim for minimum 10,000 steps a day (ideally 12-15000)
So let’s do this and start your journey to feeling fab for summer..