Benefits of Pilates
Herts Pilates’ classes attract people just like you, both men and women, some who are simply looking to improve their fitness, flexibility and posture and others who are looking for firmer thighs, a flatter tummy or to strengthen and tone their muscles. Our St Albans Pilates and Harpenden pilates classes are kept small, 8-14 max in class, to ensure you have the attention and gain benefits of our experienced instructors.
Pilates is a form of exercise that targets the deep postural muscles. Pilates builds strength from the inside out to support your spine, improve posture and alignment, flexibility and concentrate on restoring muscle balance. By practicing Pilates you can focus on having a balanced and aligned body, a longer, leaner look and less tension to feel more revitalized.
Further benefits of Pilates include:
- better posture- less aches and pains associated with bad posture
- increase core strength and stability – heightens mind-body awareness
- enhances performance in sport eg football, golf, ski etc
- improves balance and coordination
- compliments other medical professions ie physiotherapy, osteopathy, chiropractic
Whether you’re looking to Pilates to improve your fitness, strength, to recover from injury, or to get yourself back into exercise, Herts Pilates’ teaching methods ensure that you’ll learn in an enjoyable environment from Pilates Institute, Stott Pilates and Body Control Pilates instructors.